Tuesday 14 May 2013

Ace Attorney 5 Confirmed for UK!

So today, I discovered that the next game in the Ace Attorney series is going to be released outside of Japan. I've only played the first three games, but they were pretty damn good, in my opinion. This sort of gives me an excuse to acquire Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies features the return of the spiky-haired protagonist in the title. There are new characters as well: Phoenix's new assistant Athena Cykes, and Winston Payne's younger brother, Gaspen. Apollo Justice makes a return as well. Oh, and the same judge is still there.
I would like to see Maya Fey return, although that might not happen until Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton gets released (if it gets released outside of Japan, that is...)
Unfortunately for some, the game will only be released through the Nintendo eShop. Whilst this isn't a problem for me (thanks to an SD card with more memory), I imagine there are a few who would prefer a physical copy... and the question of the price is one thing that could decide on how many people buy this.
I may wait a little while before getting this game, since I would like to see Apollo's story, so I don't spoil anything. Technically Ace Attorney Investigations isn't part of the main series, which is why the newest game is known as Ace Attorney 5. Still, more Ace Attorney suits me fine, even if it isn't quite the same as trying to get a not guilty verdict.
Although there is the slight issue of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being available outside of Japan... 

No comments:

Post a Comment