Sunday 5 May 2013

London MCM Comic Con

I will be attending the London MCM Expo Comic Con at the end of this May. I will be the redheaded guy with glasses who won't be cosplaying - don't bother looking out for me!

Anyway, I thought I would take the opportunity to write some stuff about what's going on there, since I haven't really posted much in a little while.

The main attraction for me is effectively what is a market for anime, manga and video game based goods. I have plans to pick up a few new volumes of manga, some anime DVDs, and some useless stuff I would never need. Oh, also Pocky.

Another thing that holds my interest is the opportunity to play new video games, particularly Nintendo ones. However, at the time of writing, there has been no news about games publishers appearing... still, I'm certain that there will be a few.

There are always special guests at this event, and this year is no exception. I really only have interest in one at the moment, but I'm sure more will be announced. The list so far looks like this:

Mark Meer - The voice of Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect series of video games.

Brad Bell - Cheeks from Husbands

Jane Espenson - The producer of Once Upon A Time

Keegan Connor Tracy - Blue Fairy/Mother Superior from Once Upon A Time

Raphael Sbarge - Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket from Once Upon A Time

Remi Aubuchon - Producer of Falling Skies

Drew Roy - Hal Mason from Falling Skies

Sarah Carter - Margaret from Falling Skies

Shinichiro Watanabe - Director of a few mighty fine anime series: Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo among them

Camilla Luddington - Voice of Lara Croft from Tomb Raider

Daniel Sharman - Isaac Lahey from Teen Wolf

Crystal Reed - Allison Argent from Teen Wolf

Jessy Schram - Karen Nadler from Falling Skies

Christian Taylor - A writer whose works include Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf, Lost and others

Ashley Miller - A writer whose works include X-Men: First Class, Thor, The Fantastic Four and others

Rob Van Dam - A WWE wrestler

Holland Roden - Lydia Martin from Teen Wolf

The Dead Lay Waiting - A metal band, promoting their comic

Barrett Foa - Eric Beale from NCIS Los Angeles

Renee Felice Smith - Nell Jones from NCIS Los Angeles


If you hadn't guessed, Shinichiro Watanabe is the only special guest I have any major interest in, although I guess the writers also hold some intrigue for me as well.

There will be loads of cosplayers as well. Some of the costumes are amazing with highlights from previous years being a Captain Jack Sparrow who could have actually been Johnny Depp and a really convincing Ryuk from Death Note.

Anyway, I will be going, and returning with a whole bunch of stuff that will take up more room. I'm quite looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment