Sunday 26 May 2013

Nintendo's E3 Nintendo Direct and MCM Comic Con Stuff

So, after the short but sweet Wii U Nintendo Direct, the next one will be the big E3 one. Nintendo have confirmed that it will be the first chance for everyone to see the new 3D Mario game, the next Mario Kart and the new Smash Bros. Just those three alone will make it worth it, but there will be other games as well.
Maybe we'll get more information on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or even a proper title for Monolith Soft's 'X'.
There will probably more details on 3DS games. If I had to guess, maybe release dates for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. I also think both of those titles will be changed somewhat for US and EU releases, but we'll have to wait.
Anyway, the Nintendo Direct is due to take place on June 11th, at 3PM BST. I'll definitely make an effort to watch it.

Now for the MCM Comic Con stuff. After queuing for quite literally two hours, my family and I entered the convention hall. As a result of the queue, I missed out on the panels I wanted to sit in on; definitely gonna get an early entry ticket for the one in October, methinks. Actually, I would have done so in the first place if my Mum and youngest brothers hadn't decided to go along as well.
Anyway, stuff I brought. Well, I made a beeline for the Manga stall (Manga being the name of the company that distributes anime in the UK... yeah), where I brought Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse, Black Rock Shooter: The Complete Series and One Piece Collection 1. Here's an interesting thing about One Piece; it hadn't been available in the UK till around now (released officially on the 27th May, available early at the MCM Comic Con). The same had been the case for Dragon Ball Z as well, so Manga got both of them licensed, and have been releasing a season every two months. I believe up to season seven is available now, with two more to come... Don't quote me on that.
It seems that Manga are going to release the One Piece collections every two months; each one has around twenty-six episodes, I think. Unlike Dragon Ball Z (I have season one...), I will try and stay on top of that particular collection.
Anyway, the next stall I visited was the MVM Entertainment stall. That's where I picked up Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre and Ga-Rei Zero. 
As for manga, I picked up new volumes of Soul Eater and Fairy Tail. I was hoping to get the next volumes of A Certain Scientific Railgun, but I couldn't find the fifth one anywhere... six and seven were available, though. However, I have now ordered volumes five, six and seven from Amazon, bringing me up to date. I should have tried to pick up more Bamboo Blade manga, but that completely slipped my mind... I might do so after I get paid again, however.
Other purchases I made at the convention included a Laughing Man t-shirt (from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - a sort of smiley face logo with the phrase "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."), a pack of A Certain Scientific Railgun playing cards, Pocky and a couple of other sweet treats, and a statue of Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

With a little looking around on the internet, I was able to find the news that I missed from the anime industry panel. Manga have acquired the license for Attack on Titan, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works will be released on August 26th. MVM and Anime Limited had licensed and re-licensed a few anime, but it wasn't anything that intrigued me.

So, yeah, it was a pretty good day, and as a result of buying stuff from Manga's stall, I got entered into a raffle to win a load of anime related goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment