Sunday 25 August 2013

Autumn 2013 Anime

So, I have recently looked to the past for anime I have watched, so I figure now is a good time to look to the future. Once again, I'll be referring to TV Tropes for titles and translations.

Kill la Kill
Without a doubt the anime I am most looking forward to for the autumn season. The reason for this is that it is Studio Trigger's first TV anime. The director and lead character designer for Gurren Lagann are on board for this anime, and that's all that I need.
However, their is a plot, but that just serves to get more excited about it. TV Tropes describes it as "a character drama/fighting series set at an all-girls school." A character named Satsuki, a recent transfer student to the school, desires to take over said school through brute force  and a sword shaped like scissors. Another character, Ryuuko, aims to stop Satsuki.

BlazBlue Alter Memory
I'm actually quite looking forward to this anime, which is an adaptation of the BlazBlue series of fighting games. I believe video game adaptations can be hit or miss, but I won't be able to judge until I've watched it.
From what I can find, the plot is an adaptation of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, the first game in the series. That probably means I won't get to see my favourite character in action (Makoto Nanaya, if you're wondering), but the potential for epic fight scenes is there. Plus, Hazama is probably one of the best villains in gaming.

Pokémon The Origin
Talking about game adaptations, here's one that has the potential to be awesome. It follows the story of Red (not Ash, or Satoshi, but RED), as he sets out on a journey to become a Pokémon master. Basically, its the first generation of Pokémon games retold in anime form.
Lance is there, the rival is as well (his name is Green in Japan, Blue over here...) and Brock are amongst the recognisable characters.
I don't know whether this is a one-off special or what, but I look forward to it with much anticipation. 

Coppelion
Here's one I know very little about. Going by the description of TV Tropes, Tokyo has been blockaded in the year 2036 due to radioactive contamination. Three high school girls are sent to Tokyo, as they have been genetically engineered to be immune to radiation.
On the anichart website, the genres listed for this one are action, sci-fi and seinen. Still, that doesn't give much to go on, so I'll just have to watch it.

Galilei Donna
This anime focuses on three of Galileo's female descendants, who are on international wanted lists.
An interesting concept, but that's all I have to go on for the time being. Of course, if something piques my interest, there is no doubt that I will check it out, to see whether it will be worth my time or not.

Miss Monochrome
Miss Monochrome is someone who dislikes colour, and only loves monochrome. (Lucky her name's not Miss Rainbow, huh?) She dreams about changing the world into her favourite monochrome colour.
Once again, an anime I have very little information about. Going by the anichart genres again, it is music and slice of life. That doesn't really narrow things down, so I guess this will be one that I judge after three episodes.

Non Non Biyori
It probably wouldn't be an anime season without at least one Girl's Club anime, and this is it. A girl transfers from Tokyo to a countryside school, where there are a total of 5 students from elementary to middle school ages.
Apparently I'm a sucker for these kinds of anime, so I'll be watching this.

Sekai De Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (I Want to be the Strongest in the World!)
An anime about an idol who enters into the world of female professional wrestling. From what I can tell, this will focus more on fanservice than anything else, but apparently I'll still watch it.

Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono
Another schoolgirl series, that is apparently CG. It will focus on extracurricular activities, you know, like these kinds of things tend to do. There is very little information to go on about this one (sense a running theme yet?), but well, I will check it out.

Kyoukai No Kanata
This is based on a dark fantasy light novel. A half-demon high school with healing powers rescues a girl with the ability to manipulate blood. Bad things start to happen afterwards.
This is one I'll judge after three episodes; if romance becomes a big part of the plot, I'll drop it. However, that genre wasn't mentioned on the anichart website, so I guess this has potential.

Pupa
A girl turns into a man-eating monster, so her brother searches for a way to change her back. So, another interesting concept, this will be one I will watch three episodes of first before deciding whether or not to stick with it.

Log Horizon
So, it's basically Sword Art Online again, but this time people have access to magic as well. I really love the whole swords and sorcery fantasy worlds, so I'll give this one a go.

Outbreak Company
Another one set in a fantasy world, though the plot sounds like it could be a laugh. An otaku by the name of Kano Shinichi finds himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. He is given a task when he arrives there - enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary".
So, yeah, strange concept. Still, I really love the more bizarre, out-there stuff. However, I'm not sure whether I will stick with this one or not.

Right, there's a lot more than I though there would be, so I'll summarise everything here.

Will Definitely Watch
Kill la Kill
BlazBlue Alter Memory
Pokémon The Origin

Probably Will Watch All the Way Through
Sekai De Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Non Non Biyori
Coppelion
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono

I'll Decide After Three Episodes
Galilei Donna
Miss Monochrome
Kyoukai no Kanata
Pupa
Log Horizon
Outbreak Company

Of course, there's no guarantee that any of this will hold true by the time the Autumn 2013 season rolls around, and I might learn some more about these anime that will influence my decision on whether I want to watch them or not.
Of course, there are also the anime that I haven't mentioned here; I could end up picking up one of those. There's still some time for more information to be given, so for now, I'll just enjoy what the Summer 2013 season has left for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment