Wednesday 12 June 2013

Super Smash Bros. 4 Characters

As anyone who's seen the Nintendo Direct @ E3 2013 or my previous post knows, a trailer for the new Super Smash Bros. games was shown off. In this post, I'm gonna talk about the characters confirmed so far. Naturally, there will be future posts with more information on any reveals, but this'll do for now.

So, first, let's take a look at characters returning from the previous game:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit

So, the usual suspects then. They have had some changes made to them, such as Samus now possessing her look from Metroid: Other M. Bowser now stands upright, and runs properly. Pit is able to use some of the weapons seen in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Next up, new challengers.

The first new challenger is: Villager, from Animal Crossing. The Villager will be able to use the tools from the games as weapons: slingshot, axe, spade and others. Also, he is able to catch projectile attacks and store them in his pockets to fire at enemies later on. I wasn't sure on this one at first, but the videos I've seen have convinced me that he'll be a fun character to play as.

The second new challenger is a character who had his prime during the NES days; Mega Man. Mega Man has had his NES look recreated for the new Smash Bros., and will be able to use weapons from the Robot Masters he has defeated in the past. People have always wanted Mega Man to be in Smash Bros., and I bet a few people cheered when they saw this revealed. I'm definitely satisfied with the inclusion of Mega Man, and it seems we'll be getting a Dr. Wily Castle stage as well as the Mega Man 2 title screen music and the music from the 1st and 2nd Dr. Wily Castle levels, also Mega Man 2. At the moment, this is my favourite new challenger to be revealed, but that could change... especially as Fire Emblem hasn't been represented yet.

Finally, a new challenger that I thought was a joke at first; the Wii Fit Trainer. Like many people, I was skeptical of her inclusion, but then I saw the trailer introducing her. It was funny, and her gameplay actually looks fairly decent. Also, I'm all up for quirky characters joining the roster, so I don't have any complaints about this.

2014 is a long time away, but there will be other games to pass the time. Still, the next Smash Bros. games might just be my most anticipated at the moment. Show me some Fire Emblem characters, and a decent character from Namco (not Pac-Man... seriously) and I'll be happy. Also, judging by Mewtwo gaining a new form in Pokémon X and Y, we may see a return of the Mew clone... no one can say for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment