Wednesday 24 April 2013

I have an SD card with more memory... but still have a dilemma

Continuing to talk about the So Many Games! promotion, I now have enough memory on my 3DS to download that free game.
There are three games that particularly appeal to me, as I may have already said. These are Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Maybe going over them here will help me to choose, who knows?

So, first up is Luigi's Mansion 2. The sequel to the GameCube's Luigi's Mansion (duh), it features more mansions, and is longer. I've heard that this focuses on puzzles more than vacuuming up ghosts, giving it a Zelda feel. This really tempts me, since The Legend of Zelda is one of my favourite game series. There's also local and online multiplayer, which helps to add to the replay value.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is next up. There isn't really a point to Animal Crossing; you start a new life and move to a town populated by anthropomorphic animals. In this one, however, you end up as mayor of the town. So in addition to gathering bells (the game's currency) to pay off your loan to a raccoon name Tom Nook, you can make changes and additions to your town. There's all the usual stuff you would expect of an Animal Crossing game as well; fishing, fossils, bugs, etc.

Finally, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is a remake of the Wii version of the game. I already own the Wii version, but this remake features some additions. First, there's a mode that makes the game easier; something I will ignore if I do get this game. There's a new world, which also means new levels. Also, the game will make use of the stereoscopic 3D with the levels that require Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to venture into the background.

...that didn't help at all.

However, I do know that Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is my lowest priority. With a choice between two games, maybe I should flip a coin...

No comments:

Post a Comment