Monday 8 July 2013

More First Impressions: Love Lab and Fantasista Doll

So here are a couple of anime that weren't on my list of ones I had taken an interest in. However, curiosity got the better of me, so here are some more first impressions.

First is Love Lab. At a prestigious girl's school, there are two girls who stand out amongst the others (probably because they're main characters...). First is Riko, who has a boyish and rebellious personality and is known as "the Wild One". Then there is Maki, the student council's president and very demure.
Riko walks in on Maki practicing kissing with a pillow, and ends up joining her to practice love.
The concept is a weird one, but it had funny moments. It was entertaining enough for me to give it the three-episode test treatment, I'll have to admit. As long it has greater focus on the comedic moments, then I may just stick with this one.

Next is Fantasista Doll. Think of it as a mash-up between a children's card game and magical girl anime, and I think that covers its general scope. I quite liked the concept of this one, and the first episode entertained me.
The main character is Uzume, a girl who had won a card game tournament when she was younger. Clearly someone knew of her potential, and handed her the means to use cards to summon magical girls in order to battle. To battle who, I don't quite know yet. She was attacked by another girl, who ran off after being defeated.
Once again, three episodes before I decide whether I actually will continue with this or not, although I can see this being the case.

So, there weren't too bad, and I don't exactly have any regrets from watching the first episodes. Still, I'm sure my opinion on all the anime I watch this season will change by the time they end, so I'll probably have something to say about them in a few weeks' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment