Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer 2013 Anime

So, here we are in the start of a new season of anime. In this post, I will go over the new anime series that interest me. So, yeah, just click that read more link below this to get on with it. Also, any English translations of the titles have been taken from TVTropes.

All right, first up is Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu (Special Measures Unit: Stella Girls' Academy High School's C3 Club). This anime focuses on a club at a girl's school (duh), who apparently partake in activities involving airsoft and BB guns. The reason I'm interest in this is that Gainax are involved, and apparently I've become a sucker for schoolgirl anime... I blame Yuyushiki for that. So, yeah, Gainax and schoolgirls shooting each other... what could go wrong, right?

Next is Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku (Go Home Club's Activity Record). Another schoolgirl series (see? This can't be right...), although this time the girls do not go to a club. From what I've read, there's a few eccentric characters, which is the reason this one has my interest.

Going down my list, Senki Zesshou Symphogear G follows that. I loved the first season of Senki Zesshou Symphogear, even if other people didn't. Also, I think it may just have one of the manliest characters in anime, who learned how to fight by watching movies. New characters will be introduced in this season, and they seem to be antagonistic. Still, this is one series that I know I will watch from beginning to end, even if it doesn't turn out that great.

Genei Wo Kakeru Taiyou (The Sun Penetrates the Illusions) seems to be about girls using elemental tarot cards in order to battle against diablos tarot cards. I don't reckon it'll be groundbreaking, but the premise sounds interesting enough for me to give it a watch.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA is a spin off of Fate/Stay Night, featuring Illyasviel von Einzbern as a magical girl. Since I'm currently watching the dub of Fate/Zero, I figure this will be a nice distraction from all the darkness and death. Also, I guess I'm all right with magical girl anime, although I don't think anything will ever come close to Puella Magi Madoka Magica (except maybe a Puella Magi Kazumi Magica anime adaption... please?)

Kiniro Mosaic (Golden Mosaic) is about a Japanese girl who had lived in Great Britain for a while. After she returned to Japan, the girl she stayed with moves over as well. Now, I love seeing my culture through the eyes of other cultures, so this anime is of particular interest of me. Obviously the characters will all speak fluent Japanese, but I'm looking forward to attempts at the English language. Sometimes they're good, sometimes not so much.

The next couple of anime on this list are ones I'm not too sure about. First is Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation, based upon as series of games that I've never played. I didn't watch Devil Survivor 2 for this reason, even though that game isn't exactly available in the UK... yet. The premise is interesting, but I feel I might not be able to enjoy it properly without any prior knowledge.
Finally, Gatchaman Crowds. All I know of Gatchamn is Ken the Eagle, Jun the Swan and Joe the Condor, thanks to the Wii's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. However, apparently there are new characters with a female lead, so I may be able to get into this one. I'll check both Hyperdimension Neptunia and Gatchaman Crowds out, but I won't necessarily stick with them.

Actually, there's no guarantee I'll stick with any of these anime, aside from Symphogear. Still, once I start watching something, I generally watch it until the end.

As a last thing, I reckon I'll mention the spring 'leftovers' I will still be watching. I believe Zettai Bouei Leviathan has about one episode left, so I don't know if that really counts, but I've mentioned it now. As for the others, they are Attack on Titan and A Certain Scientific Railgun S.

No comments:

Post a Comment